[IPOL discuss] text files as an input of an ipol demo

rafael grompone von gioi grompone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:15:22 CET 2012

Dear Julie,

We encountered the same problem while preparing some
demos that work on sets of 2D points: cluster detectors,
dot alignment detectors, etc. Jose Lezama made some
modifications to the demo system to allow loading and
selecting sets of points from ascii files. You can see an
example in the following demo:

http://dev.ipol.im/~jlezama/ipol_demo/l_aligned_points/

You can upload an ascii file, you can select one set
from the ones proposed (a preview image is provided
to help the selection), you can modify the set of points
selected by clicking to add or remove points, and you
can also select sets of points from the archive and use
it or modify it (for this you need to click on the "key" of
the experiment at the archive and then click on
"modify points").

I'm not sure whether these modifications can be used
in an official demo or not, but at least it can give you
some ideas. Also, we are very interested in your solution
to this problem.

best
rafa