[IPOL discuss] Ipol articles

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Jan 19 13:40:27 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 01:02:11PM +0100, Simon Loic wrote:
> Thanks for this feedback Nicolas. I can't really say what went wrong with
> the file you send but it was not even uploaded.

I tried again. According to the form feedback, and my network
monitoring tool, something is uploaded. But I get this error message:
    displayPdfWithFlex.php
    ERROR Couldn't open upload/5-rp.pdf\nNot implemented yet!

I checked the server settings, the problem doesn't seem to be there,
but there is an upload problem.

I tried again with a smaller version (618K instead of 7.8M). The
upload seems to work, but I get another error message with the Flash
viewer:
    displayPdfWithFlex.php
    ERROR This file is too complex to render- SWF only supports 65536 shapes at once\nNot implemented yet!

The problem probably comes from the complex PDF objects embedded in my
file. The JavaScript viewer works.

Flash : http://dev.ipol.im/~simonl/php/pdfInHtml/displayPdf.php?file=upload/5-rp_lr.pdf&method=Flex
PDFjs : http://dev.ipol.im/~simonl/php/pdfInHtml/pdfjs/viewer.html?file=../upload/5-rp_lr.pdf

> About the upload form, I apologize if it does not work for everyone. Yet it
> is not meant to be a permanent tool, so I guess it is not really a problem,
> right?

Right. For the permanent tools, traditional (non-Ajax) upload forms
are old-school, boring, but work everywhere :)

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/