[IPOL discuss] Ipol articles + other errors

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Jan 26 08:55:16 CET 2012

> BTW we have mentionned earlier the Html5 version of FlexPaper. I guess that
> the drawbacks of this version are different from those of the flash one.
> Shall we contact the company to see how we can give it a try?

Well, if you think there are chances to get better results with this
version, why not?

I also think that it's worth trying to improve my quick layout
tentative[1]. For example, It would be nice to find a way for people
to see the HTML version if they prefer, because it has some advantages over
PDF. It depends on which conversion quality we can achieve, but some
good conversions seem to be possible if we look at what Elsevier does,
for example[2]. One must alsi think about how all the other files
(source code, datasets) will be accessed from the article page.

[1] http://dev.ipol.im/~nil/tmp/lmps_simplest_color_balance_www/
[2] http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S009784931100149X

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/