[IPOL discuss] Ipol Articles

Simon Loic simon1lolo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:49:28 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

Given the tests that we have done, and the discussed advantages of Latex
over the wiki, I think it is reasonable enough to give our green light to
pdf submissions (latex being reserved for the camera-ready).

Considering the integration of the article online, in the worst case
scenario, if someone cannot display an article pdf correctly with any of
the approaches we have experimented, he will have to download the pdf.

However, it is not my call to give this green light. Therefore, if you have
strong objection against Latex/pdf, now is the right time to mention it.

This said, I am willing to continue investigating the different
possibilities to render Latex documents on-line either via pdf or some
other formats. But this time I would like to do it on more realistic files.
Therefore I would be most grateful if some of you provided me with their
Latex articles : be it upcoming articles or even better rewritten articles
previously published in the wiki language.

Best,
Loïc