[IPOL discuss] Ipol articles class + an example

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Jan 30 06:02:49 CET 2012

Hi,

> The DOI for the article is generate with the IPOL DOI
> and the artcle ID. In the example: 10.5201/ipol.2012.gjmr-lsd
> A DOI link to the article is also generate and assigned to
> the command \ipolLink, and this command is expected
> to be used thought the article to links to the article.

We can not use the DOI link to build "sub-links", like
\href{\ipolLink/lsd_1.6.zip} in your example. The DOI system provides
a single link, not a collection of links organized like a
folder. Every link pointing to a file, page or demo related to an IPOL
should use the same address, pointint to the main article page; we
will ensure that every material relevant for the article is clearly
accessible from this page.

I also discourage hidden links, like "the code documentation, including
the source code, is accessible \href{\ipolLink/doc}{here}", because
once printed the link information is lost. Every external link should
be explicitly displayed and printed (and clickable), either in the
text, a footnote, the references, ... "hidden links" were perfectly OK
when we were writing for active documents like web page, but not for
printed documents.

Another example: instead of
    This is an example of applying LSD, frame by frame, to a
    video: \href{\ipolLink/data/al...ent_detector/video.mov}{original}(43Mb)
    \href{\ipolLink/data/algo/gjmr...ector/video.lsd.mp4}{lsd version}(62Mb).
we could use
    An example of applying LSD, frame by frame, to a video is
    available with the article\footnote{\url{\ipolLink}}.

> while not accepted there is no ID assigned and the DOI would
> not work (is this correct?).

Yes, correct.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/