[IPOL discuss] [IPOL tech] [IPOL] Matlab toolboxes

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Aug 1 17:54:52 CEST 2017

Hi Pascal,

Quoting Pascal Monasse <monasse at imagine.enpc.fr>:

> Hi all,
>
> My demo uses the optimization toolbox of Matlab. My first question is whether
> it is authorized (or, in other words, did we buy the licenses for it). More
> generally, which toolboxes are authorized?

I think the right person to answer this is Enric Meinhardt, since he
was writing the MATLAB software guidelines, and also Martín Rais for
technical question on MATLAB.

About if we have authorization to use the toolboxes, of course yes.
The green server uses the campus license and as far as I know we have
the right to use the product this way.

> Assuming yes, I need to include the files of the toolbox in the mcc line. For
> that, I need something like:
> mcc ... -a $matlab_path/toolbox/optim
> Does anybody have such experience of including a toolbox with mcc ?
>
> In my demo, I get the message
> 	Undefined variable "optim" or class "optim.options.Lsqnonlin".
> when the demo runs the Matlab-generated executable. My diagnostic is that it
> is necessary to insert the toolbox in the generated executable, hence the
> question above.

Enric and Martín will be able to answer better than me. However, what
I can do is to show the list of installed toolboxes (see below).

Best,
Miguel

-------

$ tree -d -L 2 /usr/local/MATLAB/toolbox/

/usr/local/MATLAB/toolbox/
├── coder
│   ├── codedescriptor_core
│   ├── coder