[IPOL discuss] Corrected bug in demos archive

Gabriele Facciolo gfacciol at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:17:42 CEST 2015

Dear Jose-Luis and Miguel,
This error occurs because you're using an older ipol lib.
In the old versions of lib index_add (in archive.py)  had this interface
     def index_add(indexdb, bucket, path=None)

in the most recent versions of ipol lib the index_add function has this
interface
     def index_add(indexdb, buc, path=None)
and is called (from empty_app.py) with:
      return archive.index_add(self.archive_index,
                                     *buc*=ar,
                                     path=self.archive_dir)

note that *buc* is a named parameter.
I suggest to fix archive.py and empty_app.py so that buc is called bucket.

An unrelated issue with the proposed archive.py is that if make_archive is
called
more than once it updates the parameters in the database but not the
images,
which is misleading.
I don't know how to fix this without altering the make_archive function.

Best,
Gabriele