[IPOL discuss] Corrected bug in demos archive

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Apr 15 17:40:18 CEST 2015

Dear Gabriele and all,

Quoting Gabriele Facciolo <gfacciol at gmail.com>:
> I suggest to fix archive.py and empty_app.py so that buc is called bucket.

Actually it should be the opposite.

If the production code names that variable "buc" and your local copy
of the demo system fails, it means that your copy is outdated.
Therefore, the solution is not to modify the production code so the
outdated demos work, but to update the outdated local copies.

In this case, the error is telling uses that their copy must be
updated. Also, if the local copy is outdated, if might contain bugs
which has been already solved and not incorporated to the outdated copy.

> An unrelated issue with the proposed archive.py is that if make_archive is
> called
> more than once it updates the parameters in the database but not the
> images,
> which is misleading.
> I don't know how to fix this without altering the make_archive function.

Thanks for the information.
We can look at this issue when I come back to CMLA. Actually, it
doesn't seem to make demo misbehavior, as the other bug did.

Best,
Miguel